After we moved to Richmond, BC, I was worried about being able to find the usual brands they eat which are Weruva, TikiCat and Go! So my mission is to search for all the pet stores in Richmond, and check them out to see what they carry. These are the ones that carry brands you can’t find at Petsmart. I don’t have information on all the stores, but I’ll update this list as we go along.
Locally owned – Pet Food ‘N More:
- They carry brands such as Weruva, Tiki Cat, Go!, Merrick, B.F.F, Almo Nature
- They offer a coin operated self serve dog grooming room
- They encourage you to bring your furry friends into the store
- They offer a preferred customer program: buy 10 get 1 free pet food
- Best of all, their guaranteed satisfaction policy allows you to return anything, even opened items, with receipt within 30 days (if you’re part of the preferred customer program, you get an extended 30 days I believe)!
Was Petcetera – Pet Culture:
- They carry brands such as TikiCat, Merrick and Go!
- They price match local competitors, and do price adjustments for items on sale within 30 days of purchase
- They sell animals 😦
- They provide grooming services
- They offer a frequent buyer program; buy 10 get 1 free
Was locally owned Bosley’s Pet Food Plus, bought by Pet Valu – Bosley’s Pet Valu:
- Have not yet been able to check it out, but should be similar to the Pet Valu stores in Edmonton and Ontario
Was locally owned, bought by Pet Valu – Tisol:
- They carry brands such as Go!, Weruva, B.F.F
- They operate a pet food bank which they donate to shelters
Was Star Pets Only, now Faithful Friends:
- Haven’t checked them out yet, will be updated!